This is a time of change and transition in my life. I just graduated from college and am now trying to make the transition into the "real, working world." Friends have come in and out of my life. Three of my best friends are getting married. Love has come in an out of my life. I have changed residences. I'm even thinking about changing my church and have started visiting new ones. It took me awhile to get to the point where I felt peace in my heart about changing churches because I was raised in the same church family for 22 years of my life. After a rough transition from college to post-college where everything is up in the air, I figured what better time to change this as well. The people at my old church have blessed me more than I can put into words, but the relationships that matter will continue to exist even once I've left there. But, I know it's time to look elsewhere, to find a place that fits me and my growing faith right now. Which brings me to another change in my life. I am changing, my faith is changing. Through my personal struggles and trials, I am learning so many new things about my God and His steadfast love for me even in my weakest of times. I was having a conversation with a good friend a month ago about how she felt like she had no home, no sturdy foundation that she can fall back on. I kinda feel like that myself. SO many things that I put trust in and thought would always be a part of my foundation have been stripped from under my feet. This has shown me that you truly can only put your full trust and faith in the single unchanging factor in all our lives - the Love of the Lord Jesus Christ. People will betray you, people will let you down, people will leave you. Jobs, future plans, all of this can change in a single moment. But the Lord promises to be there for us before and after all these changes. His Love will never leave me and will never betray me. I am learning to let Him be my Rock, my stronghold, and my sole foundation.Psalm 18:2
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
This really touched me Lauren! God really is the only steady thing upon which we can stand.
ReplyDelete"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're in between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end-- Because I am your God, your personal God. The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you." -- Isaiah 43:2-4