Thursday, March 4, 2010

PUSH, PLUCK, and PERSEVERE

I am sitting here at Waters Edge Church thursday night band rehearsal waiting for the band to finish practicing and we start our full production run-through. I love volunteering here at WEC, especially with the production volunteer team. I sit up in the mezzanine from 6:30am-7:00pm on Sunday and get the privilege and blessing to help bring our services to over 2,000 people who attend on Sunday mornings. I love this church, and I love volunteering, and yes it is for the overall functioning of the church and furthering of God's kingdom.....but, it's also for me. I know that might sound selfish, but getting to sit up here for hours and hear worship songs and the sermon 5 times in one day is truly awesome. I get to worship God 5x in one day, and here His truth 5x in one day! It doesn't get much better than that! When the lights are down and we are singing those worship songs, I close my eyes and feel like it is only me and my Savior in the room. My Lord and My God...how breath-taking is his presence where you feel completely rejuvenated and revived. Over the last few weeks...well months....I have been battling with a lot of inner turmoil and emotions. I have felt completely defeated and hopeless. Some may say that it is contrary to being a Christian to be found hopeless or depressed, but I don't think that is true. We all have our battles, our weaknesses, and temptations. God knows what they are and He knows how much we can handle. It's how we handle those battles that show our belief in Christ. Do we choose to drown in our sorrow and pain, or do we choose to use what little strength we have left to grasp the Truth and Hope Christ has to offer? The answer might be easy, but I find that putting that into action to be incredibly difficult. Living out that answer seems almost impossible to me right now. Yet, the Bible does say...."nothing is impossible with God." I must endure, I must perservere through the rough parts of life. As my Grammy often says, "you gotta PUSH, PLUCK, and PERSEVERE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment