So, ever since Mother's Day this year, I started this Lauren-made healthy diet. It consists of cutting out all soda drinking, not eating desserts or sweets, only eating fruits and veggies for snacks between meals, and not eating after 9:30pm at night. Basically, I decided I need to lose a little bit of weight and overall just be putting healthier things into my body. I did pretty good for a few weeks, took a short break for my birthday and camping trip, and did fairly well for a week or two after that. However, these last two weeks, I have had a pepsi here and there and I had ice cream sundaes last Tuesday at Community Group and I even had a brownie sundae last night. Ughh, why is it so hard to keep my commitment and stay disciplined and obedient?!? I noticed that when I have one soda, it just tempts me to want to have another one the next day. I do much better when I go a week without soda because I kinda forget the taste of it and how much I love it! I've just been failing at a small task as eating and drinking healthier and it's kinda frustrating.
This lack of obedience and discipline is reflected in other areas of my life as well. For example, at church on Sunday, Pastor Stu discussed being obedient to God in our faith. Reading the Bible, praying, doing the sermon daily study notes....all things that I should be doing daily out of my obedience and commitment to my faith walk and to Christ. The Christian faith is not something you can just sail smoothly through and expect to reach the destination without any hard work. It's actually quite demanding. The Lord requires a lot of us and the Christian road may be extremely bumpy and narrow, but in the end the blessings are great. Out of everything that the Lord has done for me, I want to show respect and honor Him by being obedient and disciplined in my faith. So, I'm taking this week to recommit my commitments. Don't drink that soda tomorrow....don't eat that cookie tomorrow....read the sermon notes during lunch break....and so much more. Tomorrow, let's recommit. It's worth it. It's the least I can do for all that the Lord has done for me. I love you Lord...take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment