As demands and responsibilities rise at my job, I ask myself..."What is work to me?" Is it a top priority? Is it something I should carry home with me each day? Or is it something I should leave at the office and not think about on any nights or weekends?
I think there is a fine balance you have to find between all of those questions. I take a look at some people in my life who are literally work-aholics! It's scary to see that, because work has become something they can't control anymore. They have let work become their top priority and it has taken over their life. That obviously is not having a healthy, balanced life.
I am now working at my second, full-time job out of college. I know it's important to create certain standards of pratice NOW, while I'm still young, so it can create a principle to follow in the future. My job is more than just a job to me, it is a part of my mission heart to serve others and to spread the gospel. But I find it really difficult to keep everything into perspective. My goal is to not let my job become my life. My life is filled with so many things...my family, my church, my friends, softball, Community Group, etc. My ultimate mission in life is to be a witness for God in all those areas of my life, to live my life in a way that reflects His glory and fame!
My job is not my life, God is my life.
I hope I can stick to that principle for the rest of my life.
What is work to you?
No comments:
Post a Comment