Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Power of Prayer

Today was a really rough day emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I was extremely depressed and sad and spent most of my morning crying. However, my day was changed dramatically by THE POWER OF PRAYER.

I got the privilege to be on both sides of prayer today. This morning, I was blessed with having someone pray over me. They prayed for my worries, my hurts, my pain, my fears, for healing, restoration, and more...as tears streamed down my face. They presented me before the Lord as an offering when I didn't have the ability to do it myself. I was weak. They were strong for me. It was truly a humbling experience. I feel blessed because of it.

Then, this evening, I was presented with another opportunity to be on the offering end of prayer. Not only do I believe in the strong power of prayer, but I believe in the laying on of hands. There are many occasions in the Bible where Jesus laid his hands on someone for healing. I believe Jesus Christ can heal us emotionally, spiritually, and physically through prayer and laying on of hands. So, tonight, I was able to bless another individual by laying hands on her and praying for her with my Community Group.

There is something truly special about two people or a group of people humbling themselves, bowing before the Lord Almighty to present their needs to God and praising Him for who He is. It's an intimate experience and helps bond us together as believers. There is nothing like it. I feel blessed to have been on the receiving and giving end of prayer this very day. Lord, you never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment