Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scriptures Speak to my Soul

You know when you haven't read the Bible in awhile, and you feel your heart become less sensitive and aware of God speaking to you. You feel bad because you try to stay disciplined in reading the Bible consistently every day. If you want to get closer to a person in a relationship or friendship, you have to work at it, through communication and learning about who they are in their heart. In the same way, in order to get closer to God, we must go to the source of who God is. For me, the best place to look for the Truth about who God is and what His heart desires is in the Word. And what amazes me most is how in awe and captivated I become with scripture again. Recently, most of the scripture I have been reading has been coming out of my current book, "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. It's a great book and is really helping me focus on a huge struggle and stronghold in my life, my thoughts and my mind. But it is important to go beyond Christian books, and read scripture directly from its source, The Bible. I love how no matter where I am in life, scripture transforms and speaks to me in new ways, and always finds a way to speak into my heart. Here are some of my recent favorite scriptures:

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." ~1 Corinthians 10:13~

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" ~Proverbs 23:7~

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." ~Isaiah 43:2-3~

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." ~2 Corinthians 10:5~

No comments:

Post a Comment