Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tear Down the Lies, Build up the Truth

It is really hard to break strongholds and ways of thinking in your life when they have been rampant and infiltrated in your way of living for so long. After today's events, it's easy for me to see a blaring message that continues to get confirmed and re-confirmed, I have a huge fear of ABANDONMENT by friends. I feel like they don't care, like they think i'm not worthy to be in their lives, or that i'm not worthy to fight for and put that extra effort in for our friendship to work. They could be lies, they could be the truth, who knows. But I know its not a positive way of thinking, and one of my goals of 2011, is to tear down my pessimistic, depressive thoughts, and replace them with a positive way of thinking. I want to see me as God sees me, not as my friends see me.

This week, I just recently rediscovered an artist that I really like named Coffey Anderson. His song, "All Ye," is one of my favorite songs by him and it has really lifted my spirits this week and reminded me to cast all my worries, burdens, and bad thoughts on Christ. It's a constant thing I have to work on in my relationship with Christ - to let him take control, instead of me - but then again, that's what relationships are all about, working on them so you can grow closer in truth and love.



Other Versions of the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM-yHPGCgEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0uEz7-oH4

No comments:

Post a Comment