Sunday, October 23, 2011

You Lift Me Up

I went to a concert yesterday in Greensboro, NC with a friend, my brother and his wife and we got to see Laura McCaul, The Afters, Sanctus Real (as opening acts) and then my 3rd favorite Christian band CASTING CROWNS as the headliner! It was fantastic! What I love about Christian concerts is that the bands aren't there to just perform for you and you sit back and expect to be entertained. At a Christian concert, things are different. The entire crowd interacts the the bands by using their music as worship to the Lord! It's like one big church service where everyone is praising the Lord in song and lifting their arms and eyes to the Heavens. It's truly moving, and truly a blessing to have been a part of it. It was quite an emotional concert for me, because worship songs always have lyrics that hit home and directly speak to my heart. Here is one song that really spoke to me that night by one of the opening acts, The Afters. It's called "Lift Me Up."


"You know my heart is heavy
And the hurt is deep
But when I feel like giving up
You're reminding me
That we all fall down sometimes
But when I hit the ground

You lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wrap around me
Your love catches me so I'm letting go
You lift me up when I can't see
Your heart is all that I need
Your love carries me so I'm letting go"

Check out this short video clip I took during the concert itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment