In the last month, I or my direct family members experienced three deaths. You can read about it in my blog post here. With death all around, you never know when your last words to a friend or family member may actually be your last. It might sound depressing, but it's the truth. This is why I try to always end conversations with my closest friends with "I Love You." I don't say things if I don't mean it, but I don't want the people in my life to not know that they were appreciated, loved, respected, and cared for deeply.
So make your words count.
A member of my Community Group used this phrase one time in group..."life-giving words." I liked the way she put it. Don't let a moment pass you by or an opportunity pass you by when you can breath life-giving words into someone. Build them up, encourage them, compliment them. Speak words of prophecy into them. Share a small compliment with them, or tell them what they mean to you. People are too important, time is too short.
Don't waste your words on filthy language, sarcasm, or anything that cuts people down or hurts them.
The Bible says this: "Do not let any
unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for
building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those
who listen." Ephesians 4:29
So think about what you say before you say it. Be purposeful. Tell people the good you see in them. Encourage them. Speak life-giving words. Make your words count!
No comments:
Post a Comment