The lyrics of this hymn I used to sing growing up in church just came on my heart and mind this evening. The hymn was called "Spirit of the Living God." You can hear just one version of it here. The lyrics are so powerful...
"Spirit of the Living God,
Fall afresh on me.
Spirit of the Living God,
Fall afresh on me.
Melt me, Mold me,
Fill me, Use me.
Spirit of the Living God,
Fall afresh on me."
That's the prayer of my heart each and every day. I want the all-consuming fire of the Holy Spirit to dwell in me and to change me from the inside out. I desire to be melted and molded by His Love, His compassion, and His Spirit. I want to see things through His eyes and love who He loves. I want to be humble enough to admit when I'm wrong, to change to be more like Him, and to constantly be moldable.
"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
~ 2 Corinthians 3:18 ~ 
No comments:
Post a Comment