Friday, July 17, 2009

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Just got done watching the 3 hour movie Gandhi. Wow! Even though I was a Religious Studies major at UVa, I never did any extensive research on Mahatma Gandhi. And I'm not saying that watching a movie counts as legitimate research, but it did give me an introduction to a profound religious leader that had a huge impact on the world through his message of love, truth, equality, and non-violence. Though I do believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ holds the ultimate Truth, I do not deny that other people in this world have brought messages of truth as well. I have been contemplating the many words of truth that Gandhi said, and I challenge you to do the same.

Popular Quotes from Gandhi:

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

"Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, Conquer him with love."

"My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet."

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."

"Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart."

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

"In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment