I was going to type "beginnings and endings" as my title, but I'm trying this whole positive thinking mentality, and I came up with the more appropriate title as you see it. This summer has been filled with so many new beginnings. New challenges, new invigorated faith, new music, new job, etc. Two big NEW things from this week are my new church I am going to which I love! I thought this church search process was going to be painful and hard and slow. But I have enjoyed the experience of visiting every church and seeing all the new dynamics they bring to the table of how people go about worshipping our One Lord. I have so much respect for the different forms of worship, different denominations, liturgy, etc. After my first couple church visits, I thought I wasn't going to find something that fit me and where I am in my faith right now. But I think I have found the one and this church makes me feel so ON FIRE for God! I love and respect everything that my old church did for me in raising me up in the Word and under wonderful leaders and mentors, but going there became more of a chore to me than something I longed to do every Sunday. I now wish everyday was Sunday so I could attend my new church everyday! Another new beginning....well, at first I thought this was an ending. My best friend is moving across the country.....to NEVADA! Yeah, that's right - NEVADA! lol. I was getting really sad as the summer progressed because I knew this day was getting closer, but when I seriously sit back and think about it - distance doesn't make a difference when it comes to two friends whose friendship is grounded in the love of Christ. And that is what I have with my best friend, so instead of thinking about this as an ending, I intend on thinking of it as a new beginning - a new stage where we get to show each other how we can still love each other in a Christian way even with thousands of miles between us. It's just a new challenge and a new stage of life and I welcome it. It makes me think of the bridge to one of my favorite songs right now by MercyMe called "Homesick.""In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again"
you got it sister! I miss you a ton and I really want to catch up! Call me sometime please! xoxo
ReplyDelete