Listening to: "Finally I Surrender" by Misty Edwards
Friday, September 4, 2009
All I want is You to have Your way
"You are the Potter and I am the clay". What does this one line mean? It really provides a powerful image if you think about it. The Potter is in control of the clay. The clay is molded and formed by the Potter's hands. The Potter has an image in mind of exactly what the finished product will look like. Before the clay is even in his hands, the artist creates the masterpiece in his mind. In the same way, the Lord knows exactly who we are before we are even formed in our mother's womb. The clay is soft and easily molded into whatever shape the Potter sees fit. In the same way, the Lord molds us into the child He wants us to be. He sets in us a heart for Him and a heart to be in relationship with Him and with others. Once the clay is formed into the ideal artform, the Potter places it in the kiln to be fired and set in place permanently. We have already been formed...we have reached the ideal artform, and we are constantly being refined and placed into the kiln by the workings and presence of the Holy Spirit. Our clay artform may get broken and battered, chips may come off, and dents may be made in it. But the Lord fills in our empty holes, and places us back into the kiln time after time to refine us into a more pure and holy follower of his son Jesus Christ. I pray that I can continuously be open and willing to be thrown back into the kiln over and over again. I pray that I can be aware of the Holy Spirit's workings in my life so that I can come closer and closer to being the true child of God that He has designed for me before I was even born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment