Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mercies in Disguise

"Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops?
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near?
And what if trials of this life
Are Your mercies in disguise"



This song gives me hope. It reminds me that even when my heart is aching, when sadness and loneliness and grief overwhelm me, the Lord has a plan for me and there is a purpose in it all. Often during my trials and struggles and endless sleepless nights, I ask "why?" I wonder why I have to go through all of this to get through to the other side. This song reminds me that these trials can be the Lord's blessings and new mercies in disguise. It is His way of perfecting me and drawing me closer to Him through faith and trust. He has been so patient with me in the recent past, through my disobedience and my lack of trusting Him with every aspect of my life. I am so thankful for another chance to serve and live for Him. Sometimes I don't know the reason behind the hurt and pain in this world or in my life, but I do know without a doubt that I love the Lord and He loves me, and He works for the good of those who love Him. So, my goal right now is to take life day by day striving my hardest to love God and love my neighbor. When I come across a day where it seems impossible to make it through, I have to remember the promises of the Lord and lean not on my own understanding. Here's to hope....of deliverance, healing, restoration, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment