Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Passion for Your Name

I was hanging out with a girl from my Community Group last week. She is a fairly new Christian with tons of questions about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Bible and more. As I spoke with her, she had immense amount of curiosity, joy, and interest overflowing out of her every word! She said to me, "Lauren, I wake up and I am just happy, all the time. How can you not be happy when you realize how much God loves you and what He did for you? I just want to do everything I can to become better because He loves me so much." The PASSION she had in her voice with her new-found faith was so inspiring and invigorating to me. It reminded me of that feeling and overwhelming joy we should feel everyday as a result of knowing and loving the Lord. Sometimes we get so distracted by the things of this world and the stressors in our lives that we lose sight of our "first Love", just like what is talked about with the Church in Ephesus in Revelation 2. Our first Love is God and we should always be overflowing with LOVE and PASSION for His Name because He is pouring His unconditional love into us. When I was talking with my dear friend, one of my old-time favorite worship songs came to my mind called Consuming Fire. Enjoy. "Do not put out the Spirit’s fire." 1 Thessalonians 5:19



There must be more than this,
O breath of God come breathe within,
There must be more than this,
Spirit of God we wait for You.

Fill us anew we pray,
Fill us anew we pray.

(Chorus)
Consuming fire fan into flame,
A passion for Your Name,
Spirit of God would You fall in this place,
Lord have Your way,
Lord have Your way with us.

Come like a rushing wind,
Clothe us with power from on high,
Now set the captives free,
Leave us abandoned to Your praise.

Lord let Your glory fall,
Lord let Your glory fall.

Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
A passion for Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment