Wednesday, July 4, 2012

"Do You Trust Me?"

A good friend of mine from my Community Group shared a video testimony with our group this past week. This man's testimony truly touched my heart. I had heard of him before, but never watched any videos on him or read about his story. This past week at church, we discussed going through darkness in our lives and how God shines light into our darkness. I feel like I have been in a dark time for about three years now. Probably the darkest time in my life thus far.

In Matthew 14, Peter was so focused on the storm around him in when he stepped out of the boat to walk towards Jesus who was walking on water in the midst of the terrible storm telling him to "Come." Peter took his eyes of Jesus and started to focus on the wind, rain, lightning and thunder, and as a result he started to sink. It's so easy to take your eyes off Jesus and to start to drown in your own personal storm. I find myself in this place all the time. I find myself drowning in my sorrow, drowning in my own personal storm, and so focused on the things I don't have or the things I have lost. It can get quite overwhelming and terrifying when you focus on the storm. But why not focus on the Savior that is standing right in front of you with his hand reaching out to you offering to help you through it all? Jesus will be in all of our dark times with his arms open wide and an outstretched hand. He will never abandon us, and He will never let the darkness overcome us if we ask for His help. Nick Vujicic's testimony and words rang so true for me and reminded me about God's Truth and Hope this week. Here are some of the things he said in this video:
  • Nick: "The question is WHY! And the answer was, 'Do you trust me?' When you say yes to that question, nothing else matters."
  • Interviewer: "But what was it that made you say, Lord, I'm going to trust your Word because I know it is true, I am going to trust you even if I don't know what you have in store for me tomorrow?"
  • Nick: Because there is nothing else I could find. There was nothing else that could give me peace. I knew arms and legs wouldn't give me peace anyway, arms and legs alone. I needed to know the truth of who I am, why I'm  here, and where I'm going when I'm not here and I haven't found that Truth in anything else other than Jesus Christ."
  • Nick: "God loves you. And He hasn't forgotten your pain. He hasn't forgotten your family...But Hope is in the name of God, the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Hope is when you compare your suffering to the infinite, immeasurable love and grace of God."
For the full video testimony, watch it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment