Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Who I Am

I am a woman, a child of God.

Before my parents even had me in the glimpse of their minds, my Heavenly Father had already formed me in His perfect image.

I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, who I declare is my Lord and Savior unashamedly.


I feel and love deeply. Relationships take work, and I acknowledge that, and try and put my all into every relationship I'm in.

I am a deep thinker and analyzer. Often times I will be a quiet bystander in most situations because I am observing, thinking, or analyzing what or who is around me. I stay in my mind a lot.

Nature is my home. I commune with God in nature and absolutely love spending time outside hiking, camping, at the beach, etc.I believe nature is one of God's most beautiful masterpieces.

I am very individualistic and like to take on projects and assignments on my own, and to take them on as a leader or independently; however, I also love the dynamics of a team and have played softball most of my life.

I experience pure joy when I am in worship at my church, singing, praising, with my eyes closed and arms raised, ignoring all outside distractions. This is where I am most happy.

I consider my job a ministry, and I love spending all day furthering God's Kingdom. Job satisfaction is worth a lot, and I believe one should never wake up and dread going to work. Your work should not really be....work.

My personal heaven on earth is Outerbanks, North Carolina. It combines many family memories growing up (that continue to this day) with the beauty of nature and communing with God. Camping in Outerbanks is my idea of a blissful vacation.

My purpose in life is to serve God in all that I say and do. I recognize I am human and flawed, and I am sinful. Life is a journey and we are all trying to get somewhere. I am simply trying to get closer and closer to my Lord, and to learn how to love and live in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment