So on February 2, 2014, I was baptized at Waters Edge Church! I was baptized as an infant
in the United Methodist Church but felt called to be baptized as an
adult after hearing Pastor Stu preach on it so many times in accordance
with the scriptures. Fear held me back for so many years, and I was afraid of what others might think. I love and respect the tradition in which I was raised, but do fully believe now that baptism is meant to occur after one becomes saved. Although I have been saved for many many years now, this is an act of obedience I have put off for far too long. There are not
enough words to express how much WEC and the people there have changed
my life, and how much Jesus Christ has transformed me! Thank you to
everyone who came to support me (Mom, Dad, Gerry, Gloria, Alicia, Noelle, Michael, Brian, Casey, Bridget, Ryan, Melissa, and David) - it meant so much!
You may recognize someone at 0:45 in the video. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment