Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Give Me Your Eyes

I find my new job is challenging me in many different ways. For one, I have realized I don't work well with just anyone. For some reason, a co-worker and me just seem to butt heads everyday. It really just came to a climax yesterday and boiled over inside of me to the point of driving home in tears. I truly want to follow Christ's example in this situation. I want to show this co-worker love and respect, even if he drives me up the wall and is rude and disrespectful to me. I pray that I can keep my patience with him and bring in my boss' authority when appropriate. I also just pray for him. One of my friends reminded me that we are called to pray for and love our enemies and those that persecute us. I wouldn't say he is my enemy, but he is definitely someone I do not get along with. So, we'll see how this goes.

My job has also opened my eyes to so many things. I have been working with the homeless and a clientele population that is so much different than what I'm use to interacting with on a daily basis. I knew going into this job that it would be challenging to see what some people live like and the depravity in their lives. After being at my job for only a month, my heart has already been tugged on numerous times by my client's situations. There are times when I am just watching a client's life fall apart before my eyes or I am listening to them tell me about their latest crisis and my heart just breaks on the inside.

It's only Tuesday and my week has been torn to pieces simply by these two aspects of my job. I am finding myself listening to Christian music on the radio and CDs more and more to keep my mind focused on what is important. I can only do so much to make right with my co-worker. It is my job to continue to pray for him and seek out ways to respect him and love him so that I am showing the light of Christ. And with my clients, I can't directly pray with them because we are a federally funded, interfaith non-profit - but I can pray for them in my own time. I can only do so much. God is the ultimate Healer. Even in my own life, I have seen how God is slowly mending my heart. It's a far way off, but I know He will make it complete one day.

Currently listening to: "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrJTpfK0JI

Chorus Lyrics:
"Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see"

No comments:

Post a Comment