Monday, August 10, 2009

"The Sun will Change the Way I Feel"

Driving home from work today, the radio was completely off and I just stared out the window to the bright, setting sun. There is something about the sun and the moon that instill such a sense of peace in me. Often, it is the moon, but today the Lord used the sun. I am so overwhelmed with life and emotions right now and I feel like I'm struggling to get from morning to morning. I hate getting so caught up in my own life sometimes that God has to send me little signs to remind me "Hey, I got this under control...please just rest in Me." But oh man, do I thank Him for those signs, because without them, I would be a mess. The sign tonight was the sunset. It was gorgeous. It was like the bright rays were holding God's presence and were penetrating straight through the window into my heart. I have had this heaviness on my chest 24/7 recently. I'm sure its the built-up anxiety, fears, emotions of my life, but it honestly is too much for me to handle on my own. Sometimes I try to make it through the day and carry it all on my own, but then I crash and burn...seriously crash and burn by the end of the night. But days like today, God sent me that beautiful sunset to remind me that He is there to help me carry my burdens. He is my support, my foundation, my helper, my comforter, my everything! That simple, yet miraculous beauty was able to transform my broken heart to one that has found a little more peace and rest. Thank you, Lord, for the signs.

Currently listening to: "The Sun Will Rise" by Brendan James



"The sun will rise, the sun will save me.
The sun will change me, change the way I feel.

The day will make this hard of fortune,
From the fruit of a hundred orchards,
From the water river's break.

The sun will rise, the sun will save me from the night.
The sun will change me, change the way I feel.
I've had enough of the hard and harder,
Times are tough,
I've drifted farther, farther from myself.

I won't dwell, baby, on my failures.
It won't help, baby, it won't bring changes.
I won't run, baby, when all I want is to run.
I won't forget the morning sure to come.

The sun will rise, the sun will save me from the night.
The sun will change me, change the way I feel.
The love I want, the love I need is sure to come,
Is sure to lead me, lead me home again.

The light is low, the night is burning.
My head is still, but my mind is turning, turning round again.
If only I could make it through this lonely night,
If I can do this, if I can drift away.

Then the sun will rise, the sun will save me from the night,
The sun will change me, change the way I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment