Monday, May 23, 2011

Lost in the Thoughts in my Mind

It's impossible to describe the feeling
Words are inadequate and fail
To be living in this world, but not of this world
The feeling of being locked in a jail.

Every single day is an opportunity,
every day an obstacle.
To sacrifice one's wants and desires,
for the wants and desires of the One.

To stay focused on the Light,
when all you feel is darkness all around.
To retreat into your mind,
in hopes of finding solitude and peace,
but all you find is loneliness and despair.

Depression and sadness become too heavy to bear,
yet you keep carrying them,
refusing to let go,
unable to let go.

Go to sleep with tears streaming,
not sure how to make it through the night,
but only to be awakened each new dawn,
a miracle in itself.

I don't know why I struggle,
or what's the purpose of all the pain,
but I know without a doubt,
that the Lord loves me,
and I love Him.

and that's enough for me to keep going....

No comments:

Post a Comment