Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Wilderness

This is an excerpt from Priscilla Shirer's book One in a Million that I read this morning. It definitely hit home for me because I feel like I have been living in a spiritual and emotional wilderness for about 2 years.

"It's awfully easy to get disillusioned with God out here in the wilderness. It's easy to thing He's forgotten you, doesn't care about you, doesn't love you. It's easy to start asking why your best isn't good enough to earn you at least a little bit of relief fromthis constant upset and turmoil, from choking dryness and dustiness.

But listen, you don't have to figure out the wilderness. You don't have to fix the wilderness. You don't have to be able to explain to your church friends why you're going through the wilderness. Your job as a much loved, highly treasured child of God is simply to yield to the wilderness because it's often only in the wilderness where our runaway desires can finally be boiled down to this: 'One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: that I may dwell in teh house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple" (Psalm 27:4).

The wilderness is God's way of making us want the only thing that's really worth having.

The wilderness, my friend, is worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment