Even when life gets tough, when my burdens feel too heavy to carry, and I feel deep sadness...it's good to keep in mind I am blessed with things everyday from God. I left work today extremely upset and sad with what's going on in my personal life, that I thought to myself, "there has to be something good in your life and something you can thank God for right now. what makes you happy, Lauren?" This is the first thing that came to mind...
1. I am thankful for my church, Waters Edge Church. When I moved back home to Newport News after I graduated from UVa in May 2009, I visited a number of churches looking for my new church home that would better fit my new spiritual growth and faith walk. After my first visit to Waters Edge Church (WEC), I knew I had found my church family. Waters Edge is like no other church I have ever been to. It's passionate, contemporary, a teacher of the Word, has fantastic staff and leadership, and has a strong focus and mission for the "unchurched" population. Their vision is to "change the way people think about church." I immediately joined a Community Group (CG) in August and a Volunteer Team with Production and have stuck with both ever since. This church met me where I was at in my spiritual walk. It is so passionate that it keeps my faith alive and my heart on fire for the Lord. It's worship is FANTASTIC! It's pastoral leadership is rooted in the Word, wise, and whole-heartedly committed to its mission. My Community Groups have introduced me to some people who will forever be my brothers and sisters in Christ and lifelong friends. My volunteer team keeps me actively involved and engaged with the mission of the church. Volunteering allows me to "give back" to my church which feeds my spiritual soul every week and allows me to play my part in the greater mission of the Church. I am so thankful for my church. It has changed my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment