I have lost a number of people close to me this year - not in death, but in love or in friendship. Each one has affected me and hurt me deeply. But through each one, the Lord is teaching me more and more dependence on Him. He promises to never leave my side, even through my loneliness and despair. Even when I feel friendless, Jesus promises to be a friend in need. Even when people and relationships let me down, my Lord promises to always come through for me. I would be nowhere without the Lord. I would be nothing. No matter what life may bring my way, no matter what I may lose in the process, Lord, I will lift my eyes to You and You only.
"Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always"
No comments:
Post a Comment