Monday, November 28, 2011

The Psalms

Well, I am over halfway done with my 90 Day Bible Reading Plan and it is going great! Especially now that I am in the Psalms! What a great relief and uplifting book of encouragement and praise right in the very middle of the Bible. Here are some of my favorite Psalms.

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it" Psalm 24:1

"May these words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me." Psalm 51:10-12

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet." Psalm 8:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment