Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Grammy

My Thanksgiving was spent in Stroudsburg, PA with my relatives. Both of my parents were born and raised in this small, beautiful, simple town set in the Pocono Mountains. One of the things I love the most about my visits to Stroudsburg is spending time with my Grammy, my mom's mom. She is a sweet, short 93 year-old Italian lady that is the most positive, sweetest human being I have ever met. She is a woman of faith, love, and peace. I admire everything about her. This verse comes to mind every time I think of her...

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" Galatians 5:22-23

She shows her love towards her family everyday. She is selfless, always putting others before herself. Her joy is abounding - she always finds something joyful to celebrate about life, even when life is hard. She is faithful, with love for God and for her church family. Her aura exudes peace and gentleness. It's so difficult for myself not to get wrapped up in the stress and craziness of this world and life, yet for as long as I can remember, my Grammy is not phased by these things. The Bible says to not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. She exemplifies that perfectly. Her kindness, generosity, hospitality....I could go on and on about her amazing qualities. She is one of my role models and I love her dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment