Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dancing in the Moonlight

Did you see this beautiful sight this past weekend?

If you didn't, you missed out! It was a magnificent view of a crescent moon with the planets Jupiter and Venus so close by! But don't worry, that wasn't your last chance to see it. By the middle of March, those two planets will be closer than ever!

There is something about the moon that just keeps me in a state of awe. No matter where I am, if I look up at the moon, I feel the presence of God. He reassures me through this beautiful creation of His that He is watching over all and He has the whole world in the palm of His hands. The view of a beautiful crescent moon like the picture above and like what I saw in person this past weekend fills me with a sense of awe at the glory and power of God. All of the heavens and earth were made by Him. All creation belongs to Him. What beauty....what MAJESTY! I worship a God who is a masterful artist. Every night I look up at the sky and see the moon, it reminds me of this. Look to the heavens in the next couple weeks and watch as the planets and moon get closer and then cross paths. Take a moment, pause, think, pray, and remember who is the Creator of it All.

No comments:

Post a Comment