"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that’s
the sad truth. Maybe they’ll break your heart, maybe you’ll break their heart
and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks.
That’s the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our
backs, but they are a burden that lifts us, burdens that allow us to fly."
This quote came from the Season 4 finale of the TV show, Bones. I have been watching numerous shows on Netflix, and Bones just happens to be one of them. I just finished Season 4 last night and the finale had that quote in it. I thought it was a beautiful quote.
I have been thinking a lot about love...if it's worth it to fall in love with someone and risk the chance of being heartbroken. Like most people, I have and am experiencing heartbreak. It's one of the worst pains I've ever had to feel, and I would wish it on no one. I said to my friend last night that I didn't believe in the common phrase "It's better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all." That's a powerful statement, but when you are in the middle of the 'lost' part, it's hard to agree with that sentiment. Many would say love isn't worth the pain, worth the loss, worth the heartache. Some days I do feel like that, but then other days I feel a small glimpse of hope and love deep down inside that reminds me that I know True Love. The true, unconditional love of a Heavenly Father is a love that surpasses all earthly loves, any friendship love or romantic love. It is just that, unconditional, and does not waver based on how good you are, or how many mistakes you make. It's constant and always there when you need it. When I focus on that kind of love, the love that the Lord has for me, it sparks that tiny flame deep inside of me that tells me don't give up on love just yet. Love is a beautiful thing between two people, it's something special to be cherished and honored and respected. I believe in love, especially on those days when I feel that tiny flame. Yet, I can't wait for that tiny flame to grow into a burning fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment